“Reconnecting to the divine in nature”
_An Eco-Spirituality retreat for Christians seeking to reconnect their faith to nature_
20th -22nd May 2022
About the Event
Are you struggling to do church as normal in the midst of the unprecedented climate and ecological crisis we face?
"Reconnecting to the divine in nature" is a weekend retreat geared at Christians enquiring into the place of nature, creation and eco-spirituality in their faith. The aim is to help retreatants develop a deeper connection to and love for the sacredness of nature as an expression of the divine in their own spiritual journey. In this, we will be relying partially on Joanna Macy and Chris Johnson's book 'Active Hope' but from a fundamentally Christian perspective.
• Reflect on the current ecological crisis and explore what Christians are being called to
• Explore Christian spiritualities (Franciscan and Celtic) that foster a connection to the sacredness of nature.
• Learn a process that allows us to accept the seriousness of the ecological crisis whilst working from a place of hope and gratitude, in re wilding the earth and honouring God
• Learn from and travel with others on their spiritual journey.
• Provide a network and spiritual long-term support for Christians and eco activists.
Christians and especially Christian leaders and activists in the church, business and not for profit organisations, enquiring into the place of nature, creation and eco spirituality in their faith and life.
The retreat will immerse retreatants in God's creation - slowing us down to natures pace. Providing time for reflection, meditation, prayer and stillness inspired by nature. It will draw upon the Bible, "Active Hope", as well as evolutionary biology.
Mike Mullins and Karen Durkin are both leadership development facilitators, coaches and retreat leaders.
Venue Timings and Cost:
The retreat will be held at Hilfield Friary, Hilfield, Dorchester, DT2 7BE, Dorset from Friday 20th May Arriving 3pm for a 5pm start, through to a finish on Sunday 22nd at 4.30 pm.
Accommodation will be in communal houses within the grounds of the friary. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided. The cost per person TBC. Please contact Mike Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07973 642 875 for further information and to book a place.